It’s been a while since I’ve felt the urge to post. Been fighting a bout of apathy that has not been conducive to productivity. Still fighting it, as a matter of fact. I’m just not sure where to go with blogging. Have I lost interest in this one already? Should I come up with a new area of focus? Does it matter? Should I just forget about it? Is it just because summer’s here? All I seem to want to do is hang out, take naps, read, and go for long walks with my dogs. A hammock sounds really good right now.
Anyway, I’ll just do a quick briefing:
1. I’m still keeping my meat consumption very low, although I have something once in a while, like my dad’s spaghetti and meatballs last weekend. It’s pretty tough to hang out with my dad if you don’t like things that are either fried or meat-laden. Currently reading a pretty funny book called “Drop Dead Healthy,” by A.J. Jacobs of Esquire magazine, which is helping me not to take most health info too seriously. Hanging out with my uber-healthy sister-in-law, though, like I did last weekend, always gets me inspired to try harder to at least eat nutritious food and move around more. This morning I’ve had a bowl of cut-up banana and cantaloupe with a handful of walnuts.
2. On the cruelty-reduction front, I’m avoiding real leather, but that’s just because I’ve been too broke to go shoe-shopping, so the dilemma has not presented itself.
3. I’m going through the motions with my medical transcription work. It is no longer a fun challenge that I enjoy doing well. It is now just what I have to do to get money without having to go to a “real” job. Granted, I do enjoy posting some of the more ridiculous things doctors say for my friends on Facebook (the ones I haven’t alienated, at least–see next item).
4. I’ve really been getting my smartass on lately, and it’s been kind of liberating. The question is how far do I want to go? Who do I not want to piss off and who can smooch my behind?
5. As far as “living a more self-directed life” in line with my “true desires and feelings,” I think I’m doing a decent job–doing a little writing, exploring things that interest me, etc.–but there’s always room for improvement. I tried to make one of those bucket list things recently and couldn’t think of very many things to put on it. Not sure if this means I’m content with my life or if I’ve become a dullard with no imagination.
That’s enough for now. I’ll get inspired at some point, I’m sure. Meantime, Bucket List suggestions are welcome.